Mont-Habitant, a family station since 1959!
You rarely see somebody create a legend and become one in their life. In 1957, while he lived in Pagé’s old farm house at Saint-Sauveur-des-Monts, Mickey Stein realized that the mountain located in front of his house had the potential to become a skier’s wonderland.
With his associates, Stephen and Stanley Vineberg, explored the mountain. Mickey took the decision and everybody agreed that the mountain offered very interesting possibilities. Sel Hannah, the renowned ski station designer, was tasked with preparing the mountain’s infrastructure.
Mont-Habitant Ski Station officially opens its doors during the winter of 1958-59: A legend is born! The determination and hard work that Mickey Stein has for ski on top of his cordiality would become a tradition.
Joan Stein becomes l’École sur Neige‘s director and was the first woman to do so in Canada. Joan created the 10 week-ends program which encouraged families to come ski. Since then, Mont-Habitant introduced thousands of people to skiing and snowboarding.
Even if Mont-Habitant Ski Station grew to become one of the most renowned ski centers in Québec, one thing will never change: The intense joy of skiing in a relaxed atmosphere with people who love the sport like you do.
Informations sur la montagne
- ÉLÉVATION: 551’ / 168 m
- SOMMET: 1300’ / 396 m
- DÉNIVELLATION: 600’/183 m
- PLUS LONGUE PISTE: 3000’/ 914 m
- ACRES SKIABLES: 55
- NOMBRE DE PISTES TOTAL = 10
- Vertes – Faciles (2)
- Bleues – Intermédiaires (5)
- Noires – Difficiles (3)
- Nombre de pistes éclairées = 7
- Parc à neige 1
- Pistes à neige artificielle 100%
- Nombre de remontées : 3
- Capacité totale / heure = 4,200 personnes
- 2 chaises quadruples
- 1 tapis magique
Marvin’“Mickey”’Stein’ Founding member
Born in Montreal in 1927, Marvin « Mickey » Stein was a phenomenal skier. He devoted his youth to activities with the Patrouille de ski laurentienne. In 1959, he was the founder and director of Mont-Habitant‘s ski center in Saint-Sauveur. He was the one who installed the first lighting system on the tracks in the Laurentians. Finally, he was one of the founders and director of the Laurentians Ski Centers associations. He was introduced into the Hall of Fame of the Laurentians Ski Museum.